PRConsultants Group Blog
Posts Tagged: media relations
- Have a backpack with several printed copies of your crisis communications plan, contact numbers for essential employees and external media conta ... ⇢ read more
- news releases;
- visual assets like photographs (including key leaders’ headshots in print-quality resolutions) and video;
- succinct information about products and services;
- biographies of key executives;
- media contacts, including cell phone numbers;
- financial statements.
Five tips to take your client’s online newsroom to the next level:1) Filters: ... ⇢ read more
by Brenda Jones Barwick, APR
We’ve all heard the cliché, All Politics is Local. Coined by former U.S. Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill to encapsulate the principle that a politician's success is directly tied to his ability to understand and influence the issues of his constituents.
In many ways, political campaigns is a microcosm of public relations. Every candidate has a story to tell and aims to persuade a 50%-plus-one target audience to act by voting for the candidate on election day.
Electoral campaigns have a goal and deadline -- to win on election day -- and a plan with measurable objectives, defined audiences, developed message points. All of these campaign elements are continually evaluated at various stages, such as po ... ⇢ read more