By Brendy Barr, Brendy Barr Communications
So it’s my turn to write a blog post for PRCG Powerlines and I’m having an attack of writer’s block. Know the feeling?
It’s time to turn to my Top 10 sources for content inspiration. Perhaps one of them is your favorite muse?
1. Turn on CNN, or FOX News or any national news channel. See what stories are breaking relevant to your industry that you can offer an opinion about.
2. Subscribe to e-newsletters and RSS feeds distributed by industry associations and peruse them for content that interests you. Re-post content with a brief introduction... ⇢ read more
By Felicia K. Knight President, Knight Vision International, LLC
Whether or not you’re a fan of the designated hitter rule has more to do with how old you are than whether or not you’re an American or National Leaguer. Those old enough to remember when all pitchers had to take their turn at bat tend to resent the American League pitchers who sit through their “ups” with their arms swaddled. Yet the DH rule has extended the careers of many a hitter who may otherwise have had to head to the locker room – and many a pitcher who can now... ⇢ read more
Saw this "top 11" list and had to pass it along - with full credit to the author, Tom Nixon. Enjoy, and Happy Halloween! Stacia Kirby
11 scary confessions about life as a PR pro
In honor of Halloween, here’s what frightens me about my public relations and marketing career
1. I see more of my smart phone than I do of my children.
2. I actually consider how the lady at the drive-thru window “messaged” the fact that they were out of fries.
3. I spend almost as much time viewing the source code of a website as I do consuming the actual... ⇢ read more
Welcome to PRCG PowerLines, a new blog written by seasoned PR consultants about our industry, our clients, and the headlines of the day. We will blog about innovations in the public relations field; cutting edge tools in technology; trends in social marketing; stand-out PR success stories; case studies showcasing innovative marketing strategy; entertaining and informative videos; tips on new products; links to useful information, and more.
Plus, you'll undoubtedly get a chuckle or two -- we have a diverse, creative, eccentric group of professionals, whose combined 300+ years in the field (adding up to a ton of experience), also... ⇢ read more